Friday, June 22, 2012

A New Creation!

By Hazel Holland

 


I am who I am as a result of my birth, NOT my behavior. Although the power of sin, the flesh and the devil explain why I sin, they can never explain who I am.  Who I am is a new creation in Christ Jesus.  How did this happen? 

The Bible tells me that I was in Christ when He died on the cross.  That means when He died for the sins of the world, He died for my sins so that my old life died also.  Because He was crucified for my sins, I now consider my flesh crucified, too. 

I was in Christ when He was raised from the dead.  That means when He was raised to life, I was raised into my new life in Him also.  That means I’ve been born again by the power of the Spirit.  What God did for me through Jesus Christ set me free from the condemnation of the law.  So His resurrection life now flows through my veins.  

Who I am is a new creation in Jesus Christ.  My old life explains my struggle with the power of sin, the flesh and the devil, but that life has passed away.  My new life I now live by the power of the Spirit.  Today, I am a new creation in Jesus Christ and I live my new life in the Spirit from a place of great delight.  

You may choose to have this new life in Him, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment