Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sound the Trumpet!

By Hazel Holland

This is a word I originally received on April 4, 1996. I just found it stashed away on my computer... The Lord told me to post it today so that you would be encouraged and blessed by His faithfulness to you... It has not gone through the final phase of editing that I like to do with writing because I was having a hard time with all the quotation marks... whether to include or not include and so forth. So here it is...

Almost a hundred years after the return of the first exiles to Jerusalem, God called Nehemiah to lead the people in the difficult task of rebuilding the city walls. Those Jews who had survived the exile had returned home to Jerusalem, only to find its walls had been broken down, and its gates destroyed by fire. Jerusalem lay in ruins, vulnerable and exposed to the nations around her. But in the midst of her trouble and disgrace, God had a plan to restore the ancient ruins!

Just as Nehemiah led a Jewish remnant in repairing and rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem, so today, the Holy Spirit is leading a remnant body of believers to become one in the Spirit and allow God to restore the image of His Son in their lives. Today, in the mist of her trouble and disgrace, God has a plan to restore His beloved church!The Lord says, "The work of rebuilding what has been torn down by your forefathers is extensive. It is spread out over the land. Although you are widely separated from each other along the wall, you are not separated from Me. Stay in Me, and I will remain in you. For I am the Vine, and you are the branches" (Neh.4:13-22; Jn.15:4, 5).

The Lord says, “The task of rebuilding will not be easy, because your enemies will be greater from within your walls than from without. Your enemies will be from your own household of faith. Fear not, for the One that is within you is greater than the one that is in the world. And I have overcome the world. Any weapon formed against you will not prosper. For My faithfulness will be your shield. I Am your Cover from the Tempest, and your Refuge from the Storm." (Neh.5:1-13; Matt.10:36; 1 Jn.4:4; Jn.16:33; Ps.91:4; Ps.115:11; Is.54:17; Is.25:4).

“As you repair and restore the ancient ruins, by lifting up the ‘Stone that the builders rejected,’ remember that I Am the ‘Repairer of Broken Walls;’ I Am the ‘Restorer of Streets with Dwellings!’ I am the ‘Chief Corner Stone’ that has now become the ‘Head of the corner!’ Because ‘I have engraven you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.’” (Is.58:12; 1 Pet.2:6; Is.49:16).

“As you sound the trumpet, I will fight for you. As you work, keep your armor on at all times. Keep your sword drawn and ready. Oil your shield. Raise the Banner of Jehovah-Nissi. Raise it high for the nations will come to Me. By faith, take the bow in your hand and shoot! Shout, ‘This is the Lord's arrow of Victory!’ (Neh. 4:18-22; 2 Ki.13:17).

Individually and corporately, the Lord is saying to His remnant body of believers, "I will build you up again, and you will be rebuilt, O virgin bride" (Jer.31:3). "I will restore you to health and heal your wounds ... you will be rebuilt on your ruins" (Jer.30:7, 18). "I will raise up the former devastation’s, and I will repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations.” Is. 6:14)

Yes, in the midst of our devastation God brings restoration! If you are going through a desert right now and you are experiencing the bleakness of depression, or are unable to see any fruitfulness in your life, remember God has not forsaken you. Because of His love and compassion for you, His beloved bride, He has led you into the desert to teach you many things. While you are in the desert He will be there in the desert of your life. God promises to give you back your vineyards (Hos.2:14-15). He promises to make you fruitful in the land of your suffering (Gen. 41:52). Remember… He led you into the desert. If you are walking through the Valley of Achor (trouble), the place of your deepest wounding, God has provided for you a "door of hope." Because of your restoration... you will sing as in the days if your youth” (Hos. 2”15).

Many of us today are "former devastations" that the Lord has freed from the yoke of bondage and oppression. He has raised us up to be His joyful servant warriors for the final Harvest!

By laying the axe to the hidden roots of our individual and generational curses and sins, God is taking care of our structural foundations. He knows that any cracks in our foundations will inevitably weaken and endanger the stability of the walls upon which they rest. By pulling out the roots and sealing up the cracks with His divine corking, He is ensuring that our walls will stand firm in Him. Any weapon formed against us by the enemy will not prosper. Since the enemy goes for our vulnerable places, all fractures and cracks must be sealed by the blood of the Lamb, so that we will stand firm on the Rock, and refuse to collapse under the enemy's attacks. For there is no other foundation on which to build!

Because the Lord is building the house, because the Lord is building His temple in us, He is a thorough and detailed Workman. He begins at the very foundation of our lives, checking for cracks that could mar His temple; that could prevent His glory from being revealed in us! For He has promised that "the glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house" (Hag.2:9). The righteous will "shine forth as the sun" (Matt.13:43)!
Today, the Holy Spirit is calling His remnant body of believers, to repair the broken down walls of the church. We are His church! Although true believers are scattered throughout the nations, the Holy Spirit will bring them together as one body connected under Jesus Christ who is their Head. They will be joined together; unified in mind and purpose to finish the work God has called them to do.

The Lord is saying, "Sound the trumpet in Zion, and I will fight for you! Give me an undivided heart so that you will walk in My Truth, and glorify My name." (Neh.4:20; Ps. 86:11) I have called you to prepare the way for My Coming. I have chosen you to make My paths straight. I have anointed your eyes to see so that you can remove the stones from the highway. I have healed you so that you can "produce fruit in keeping with repentance." (Matt.3:3; Is.62:10; Matt.3:8)

I will be the Flame that burns within you, and the Wall of Fire that surrounds you. "I will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire," as you lift up My Righteousness, higher than its ever been lifted before. I will strengthen your hands, so that they will not get weak from the work. I will strengthen your heart against your surrounding enemies. "I will enlarge the place beneath your feet."

Eventually, your enemies will lose confidence when they see that the work you are doing is My work. "For I will clear My threshing floor. I will gather My wheat into My barns. I will burn the chaff with unquenchable fire. (Neh.6:9,15-16; Ps.18:36; Matt.3:11,12)

"But for you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat and leap like calves released from the stall. Your sorrow will be turned into joy and your mourning into a day of celebration. For the joy of the Lord is your strength" (Mal.4:2; Est.9:22; Neh.8:10).

My bride, My beloved one—keep your eyes on Me and "I will not let your enemies triumph over you. No one whose hope is in Me will ever be put to shame." For I am the "Stronghold of your life," therefore you have nothing to fear.

I will give you a "sign of My goodness so that your enemies may see it and be put to shame." (Ps.27:1; 86:17) "I will create Jerusalem (the church) to be a delight, and its people a joy. I will set you as a seal upon My heart. For My love for you is stronger than death. I am enthralled by your beauty. Honor Me for I am Your Lord!" (Is. 65:18; SS.8:6-7; Ps. 45:11). "I rejoice over you, My bride, for I will make you the praise of the earth. You are awesome as an army with banners, fair as the moon, clear as the sun. You will shine like the brightness of the sun; like the stars forever. You will sparkle like jewels in My hand, for I will be your glory!" (Is.62:7; S.S.6:4,10; Matt.13:43; Zech.2:5; 9:16,17).

"Respect, honor and give glory to Me alone. For the hour of My judgment is come. Worship Me, for I made the heavens and the earth. I am the Alpha and Omega. I am He who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty. Do not fear, for I have taken away your filthy garments. My glory shines within you, because you are clothed with My rich, white robe." (Rev.14:7; Rev.1:8; Zech.2:4).

"Behold, I am your Bridegroom. I am ready to receive you. Trim your lamps and come out to meet Me! I can hardly wait to embrace you, My Bride, My darling. The wedding banquet is prepared for you. Come, My beloved sons and daughters! I am the Lord, Your Righteousness! My Victory is yours!" (Matt. 25:6-10; Rev. 19:7-9; Jer. 33:16)

2 comments:

  1. THAT was sooooooo encouraging. I felt like God was talking specifically to me. I felt God strengthen me from the inside out. It was like God was saying, "No matter what you feel, take courage in the TRUTH of who I am and who you are in light of Me. I am your strength, I am your strong tower, your foothold. You will not fall as long as I've got you. Stand erect and strong in the midst of your enemies because we have won. We have won."

    that was awesome. i hope other people get to read it.... they NEED to read it. How can we get the word out about these powerful blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leila,
    That was God's timing totally! I was blessed at reading the word again this mormning that He gave me 12 years ago... and then to find out that He spoke to your heart's needs through it also! Wow, God is soooooooooooo on time with everything! His words to us are timeless and directly touch our hearts where they need to be healed... Thank you, God!

    ReplyDelete